Pilgrim Hats: Kids’ Thanksgiving Food Craft
By Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
With the dawn of fall comes falling leaves, cornucopia, apples, and of course Thanksgiving and Pilgrims. We wanted to celebrate the fall with a festive Thanksgiving Food Craft for the kids – Pilgrim Hats. The recipe craft is simple, cookies, Rolos, starburst and melting chocolates.
These would be a great snack for a Thanksgiving class party! Just check for allergies in the classroom.
Enjoy these festive Pilgrim Hats for your Thanksgiving Dessert. They will be a fun Thanksgiving Tradition with the kids!
- 12 Keebler Grasshopper cookies (in the past we used OREO Fudge Cremes)
- 12 Rolos
- 2 Yellow Starburst
- 1/4 cup Orange Melting Chips
- Unwrap Starburst and work between fingers to soften and flatten.
- Cut to create 12 small rectangles to use as buckles for each hat.
- Heat Orange Candy Chips in large bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Arrange 12 cookies on flat surface.
- Dip Rolo about halfway down in orange chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place Rolo in middle of cookie
- Place Rolo in middle of cookie.
- Take one of the “buckles” and place along orange “hatband”.
- Allow to set.