Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy-coated peanut candy
- Line a baking sheet or work surface with waxed paper; set aside.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, butter and peanut butter together in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat.
- Stir in popcorn until well coated.
- Remove pan from heat and stir candy pieces gently into mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool just enough to allow handling.
- Using an ice cream scoop or buttered hands, shape mixture into 2-inch balls and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.