Homemade Play Dough Recipe
Make homemade playdough with your little ones. The recipe is edible, just in case some goes in the mouth.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- food coloring
- medium sized pot
- Combine all of the ingredients into the pot, leaving out the food coloring. Cook over medium heat and stir about 3 to 5 minutes. It will look like a globby mess and you’ll think it is not turning out, but it will.
- When it forms a ball in the center of the pot, take it and knead it on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into balls and drop food coloring into each ball. Knead until the color in even.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic bag.