Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Ranked in National Top 10 Seven Years in a Row
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, for the seventh consecutive year, has been named to the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
The hospital is ranked seventh on the 2016-17 Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals, released in June. The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight the top 50 U.S. pediatric hospitals in each of 10 specialties: cancer; cardiology and heart surgery; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and GI surgery; neonatology; nephrology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology; and urology.
“We’re very proud to once again be recognized as one of the top children’s hospitals in the country,” said Christopher Gessner, president, Children’s Hospital. “Patients and families with complex medical conditions and needs increasingly are choosing our hospital because our physicians, nurses, and staff, who are among the leaders in their fields, are committed to providing the highest quality pediatric healthcare in the world every single day.”
The 2016-17 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings have been released online and also will be published in the U.S. News “Best Hospitals 2017” guidebook, available in September.
U.S. News introduced the Best Children’s Hospitals rankings in 2007 to help families of children with rare or life-threatening illnesses find the best medical care available. The rankings open the door to an array of detailed information about each hospital’s performance.
Children’s tied with one other hospital for seventh place. The 11 hospitals named to U.S. News’ Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2016-17 are:
1. Boston Children’s Hospital
2. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
4. Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston
5. Seattle Children’s Hospital
6. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
7. Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
7. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
9. Children’s Hospital Colorado, Aurora
10. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Palo Alto, California
10. Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio