Carrot Cake Pancakes
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
1 dozen (1/2 cup syrup)
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Finely shredded carrots, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfulls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk. Serve pancakes with cream cheese mixture and half the syrup; sprinkle with nuts and, if desired, shredded carrots. Cover and refrigerate remaining syrup; save for another use.
Not sure which brand of pancake mix to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
2 pancakes with toppings: 388 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Cake Pancakes in Country Woman January/February 2007