Apple of My Eye Muffins
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 2 eggs
• 5 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup applesauce
• 1/2 cup grated carrot or zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter the cups of a mini (or regular) muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and stir it all together.
3. Crack the egg into a separate bowl and whisk away. Mix in the brown sugar. Then add the melted butter and applesauce. You can also stir in the grated carrot or zucchini, if you’d like.
4. Pour the applesauce mixture over the flour mixture and stir until all the flour disappears.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
6. Bake the muffins for 15 minutes (bake regular size muffins for 20 minutes).
Makes 24 to 36 mini muffins or 12 regular size muffins.
Kidstir is a unique subscription service for children that can be joined or given as a gift, or you can send one of the single kits, as well. Each month, Kidstir will send your child a cooking kit filled with three delicious, nutritious recipes, kid-size cooking tools, games and activities! With a focus on fresh, nutritious food and hands-on fun, Kidstir was created by moms who know that through cooking, children will gain important life skills in the kitchen — and cook up some fun family memories through the holidays! During the months of October, November and December, pint-sized foodies will love to receive the Spooky Celebration, Gobbling Good Fixings and Winter Wonderland kits – perfect for easy, hands-on holiday excitement in the kitchen! 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month subscriptions available. www.kidstir.com