Break out of the ordinary by adding flavor to your favorite comfort foods. Your taste buds will be glad you did. For more great recipes, go to culinary.net
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup finely chopped Vidalia onion
- ½ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Bottled hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- Kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Assorted dippers (baked fruit crisps, apple chips, and/or tortilla chips)
- Scoop avocado flesh into bowl; add onion, cilantro, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce. Mash with fork until it reaches the desired consistency. Stir in apple and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with dippers.