33 quick and healthy breakfasts for busy mornings
1. Egg White Veggie Muffins – Ultimate Paleo Guide
You can’t get much quicker than grabbing a muffin or two as you walk out the door. These egg muffins can be cooked in large batches and stored in the fridge for when you need them. Packed with protein and vegetables, this paleo recipe gives your body the nutrients it needs, rather than the stacks of carbs and sugar found in breakfast cereals.
2. Apple Sandwiches with Almond Butter and Granola – Garnish with Lemon
3. Banana Bites – Cave Girl In The City
4. Eggplant & Eggs – Paleoso
This dish is a nice twist on plain eggs. One cup of eggplant contains only 33 calories. Eggplant is also full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants too! This dish only takes a few minutes to put together too.
5. Green And White Omelette – It’s Time To Burn!
Why not make your regular egg-based breakfasts much healthier by loading up on green veggies? This is a great way to pack in the nutrients right at the start of the day and, who knows, maybe you’ll even be able to convince your kids to give it a go!
6. Baked Tomato and Egg Cups – A Beautiful Bite
7. Broiled Grapefruit – Joy The Baker
Starting your day with fruit is a great way to get yourself feeling alert and awake. Grapefruits are a great source of vitamin C, which helps to support your immune system. This would be a good breakfast to have if you’re feeling a bit under the weather or full of cold.
8. Morning Zing Smoothie – Ultimate Paleo Guide
This recipe is perfect for you if you’re not an early bird and you need something zingy to wake you up in the morning. Simply throw the ingredients into a blender and glug it down. You’ll soon be ready for the day ahead.
9. 3 Ingredient Simple Protein Pancake – PaleOMG
Protein is great, not only because it helps you to grow and heal, but because it keeps you feeling fuller for longer. These protein-filled pancakes are really simple to make because they only contain three ingredients.
10. Holiday Lara Bar – Civilized Caveman Cooking
These bars contain nuts and spices, both of which come with multiple health benefits. Nuts are great sources of health fat and you can prepare these bars ahead of time and just grab one from the fridge in the morning.
12. Paleo Breakfast Burrito – Spoonful of Sugar Free
What better way to eat your vegetables than to wrap them in meat? These burritos are quick to put together but, if you’re really short on time in the mornings, you could prepare a batch the night before, and just grab them out of the fridge as you head out the door.
13. Spicy Salsa Stuffed Avocado – Wheat Belly Blog
Avocados are great sources of healthy fat and, combined with a salsa made of tomato, onion, and fresh cilantro, they make a tasty breakfast snack. This breakfast is quick to make and easy to transport.
14. Breakfast Bombs – Healthy Blender Recipes
15. Strawberry Fruit Salad – Rawmazing
Salads are quick and healthy meals to put together and you can either whip one together in the morning or make up a huge one at the weekend and dip into it throughout the week. This salad is particularly tasty because it contains strawberries.
16. Almond Chia Pudding – Healthy Blender Recipes
17. Paleo Apple Muffins – Paleo Breakfast
Muffins make a great on-the-go breakfast option. These moist and tasty apple muffins are no exception. These quick and easy muffins can be made over the weekend and eaten all week long! The coconut flour gives them a fluffy consistency while the eggs pack enough protein to keep you full and satisfied. The apple and honey add just enough sweetness that you think you are cheating!
18. Poached Eggs w/Tomato, Avocado & Basil – Milk Free Mom
Avocados are full of health fats and, contrary to popular opinion, fat is essential for good health. Without fat in your diet, your body won’t be able to absorb all the nutrients you consume, so chowing down on fruit and vegetables won’t do you much good unless you get some fat in there too. This simple recipe makes it easy to do just that.
19. Berries and Cream – Against All Grain
The is one of the simplest and healthiest breakfasts around. Berries contain vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, manganese and other antioxidants. Coconut cream contains fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, and lots of essential minerals.
20. Kale Cubes – Lexie’s Kitchen & Living
Everyone knows that kale is a superfood. It’s the plant that provides the most nutrition per calorie and it’s packed with powerful phytochemicals, calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and K. And now it’s even easier to eat lots of it! Simply prepare these cubes the night before you need them and then pop a few out in the morning.
21. Herb Power Smoothie – Ultimate Paleo Guide
This is a delightful concoction is full of healthy greens and mango. The cilantro helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and the kale and spinach provide loads of healthy nutrients to help you get your day off to a good start. So tasty. So paleo. So much yum.
22. Baked Peanut Butter + Chocolate Banana Boats – Everyday Maven
23. Sautéed Banana Oatmeal – A Nutritionist Eats
This recipe makes a delicious twist on plain old oatmeal and the banana asks a nice load of vitamins and nutrients to the meal too. No Monday morning can be a bad Monday morning if you’ve got a bowl of this in front of you.
24. Gourmet Trail Mix – Chow
25. Deviled Eggs – Lauren Conrad
26. Homemade Granola – Busy But Healthy
27. Pineapple Ginger Tea – Paleoso
If you’re not one for big breakfasts, this tea will do the trick. Ginger comes with a ton of health benefits, and it’s known to help relieve nausea, so it’s good for troubled stomachs. If you still need a fix – grab some more paleo breakfast recipes here.
28. Creamed Kale and Eggs – Deliciously Organic
This quick breakfast contains healthy fat in the form of ghee or grass-fed butter and veggies in the form of leeks and kale. It’s a filling breakfast and, because it contains protein, it’ll keep you feeling full all morning.
29. Broiled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Spears – Nom Nom Paleo
30. Watermelon & Radish Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette – Mind Body Green
31. Bacon & Guacamole Sammies – Nom Nom Paleo
32. Crunchy Kale Chips – Paleoso
33. Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with Blackberry and Mango – Paleo Breakfast
This simple breakfast is filling, healthy and delicious. You can try adding different toppings, like bananas, cinnamon, strawberries, or nuts. Alternatively, you can try topping your pudding with avocado or pistachios for a savory taste. What’s easier than reaching in the refrigerator in the morning and dishing out some breakfast pudding? This will be a recipe you come back to often.