Pink Bunny Cupcakes
By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Prep - 40 MIN
Total - 1 HR 20 MIN
Servings - 24
The clever details on these adorable cupcakes make them an especially fun Easter treat, from the ramen noodle "whiskers" to the tiny candy "cotton tail."
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix
- 24 - regular-size pink paper baking cups
- 1 - box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ strawberry cake mix - Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 - bags (12 oz each) white candy melts
- 2 - bags (12 oz each) pink candy melts
- 24 - white candy-coated chocolate candies
- 3 - containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Whipped strawberry frosting
- 48 - miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 - pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 24 - miniature red candy hearts
- 24 - uncooked somen noodles, each broken into 6 pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place pink paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Melt white candy melts as directed on package; pour melted candy into squirt bottle. Draw 48 bunny ears on parchment paper with melted white candy. Melt pink candy melts; pour into another squirt bottle. Fill in middle of white ears with pink candy. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Use drop of melted white candy to attach 1 white candy-coated chocolate candy to paper baking cup for bunny tail; hold 30 seconds or until set. Repeat with remaining white candy-coated chocolate candies.
- Spread 3 tablespoons frosting on each cupcake top. On front of each cupcake (side opposite the bunny tail), add 2 chocolate chips for eyes, 1 pink candy-coated chocolate candy for nose and 1 red candy heart, turned upside down, for mouth. Insert 3 noodle pieces on each side of nose for whiskers. Gently press 2 ears into top of each cupcake.
- Make white bunnies by using white cake mix and white frosting.
- If you don’t have squirt bottles for the melted candy, use a resealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a tiny corner of the bag for piping.
- Look for somen noodles in the Asian-foods section of the grocery store, but if you can’t find them, thin spaghetti will work well too.