The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit
Makes World Premiere at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Saturday, February 17
The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit makes its world premiere at 10:00 am on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. Co-organized by Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, the exhibition is inspired by the art and characters of the beloved children’s book author and illustrator, Mo Willems.
Many familiar characters will be featured including best friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Activities will give visitors the opportunity to make art that is inspired by Mo Willems and to learn about the rich social and emotional lives of the author’s characters. The exhibit will also feature prints of illustrations, including sketches and other preliminary materials, by Mo Willems.
In this play-and-learn exhibit, visitors can:
• Have a hilarious conversation in the voices of Elephant Gerald and Piggie at a double-sided phone booth.
• Make Elephant and Piggie dance with old-time animation.
• Put on a wearable bus and take a drive around the exhibit.
• Spin the laundromat washing machine and uncover Knuffle Bunny and other surprises!
• Dress up Naked Mole Rat and send him down the runway for a one-of-a-kind fashion show.
• Stack lightweight blocks to create their own terrible monster or funny friend.
• Launch foam hot dogs at The Pigeon and play the plinko game to give the Duckling a cookie.
• Try out art techniques that Mo uses for his own books.
Locally sponsored in part by PA Leadership Charter School and Winchester Thurston School, The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit will be on display at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh through September 2, 2018.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh is open Sunday to Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Admission is $16 for adults, $14 for children 2-18 and senior citizens. Children under two are free. The Museum is located on Pittsburgh’s historic North Side at 10 Children’s Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. For more information, please call (412) 322-5058 or visit the Museum website www.pittsburghkids.org.