Pittsburgh Gears Up for Maker Faire!
More than 100 Exhibitors Answer Round 1 Call for Makers
Power Racing Series teams racing mini Electric Race Cars, Drone Races, musical tesla coils, Arduino controlled gizmos and gadgets, workshops in e-textiles, 3D printing, robots destroying fax machines for recycling, learn to weld via VR, beautiful hand-made musical instruments, rubber band powered airplanes, clinics for educators and aspiring entrepreneurs…these are just some of the more than 100 proposals received from Makers to exhibit at Maker Faire Pittsburgh, October 14-15, 2017, on Pittsburgh’s Northside.
“Maker Faire is The Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth. Makers come to show their creations while attendees glimpse the future and find the inspiration to become Makers themselves,” says Jenna Shuknecht, Maker Faire Pittsburgh Operations Director. “It’s taking the world by storm and exciting to see Pittsburgh be a part of this movement.”
Maker Faire Pittsburgh’s Round 2 Call for Makers is open and accepting maker applications. Individuals, groups, schools, clubs, organizations and businesses are invited to apply to demonstrate what they make and share what they have learned with other makers and with the community. There is no fee to participate for non-commercial makers. Individuals who wish to promote or sell a product or service along with demonstrating what they make are charged a nominal fee. Start-ups and established businesses are welcome as sponsors. The Round 2 Call deadline is September 23, 2017.
Potential Makers, Exhibitors, Educators and volunteers interested in participating in Maker Faire are invited to attend the following Maker Info Sessions:
- August 24, 6:00 pm, at Assemble, Garfield
- September 7, 6:00 pm, at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Northside
A final note - after five wonderful years of collaborating on Maker Faire Pittsburgh, HackPGH is stepping down from its involvement with the Faire this year. We look forward to the many creative endeavors and projects that its members create in the future.
About Maker Faire Pittsburgh 2017
- Maker Faire Pittsburgh will be held on Saturday, October 14, and Sunday, October 15, 2017, on Pittsburgh’s Northside in Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and Buhl Community Park.
- More than 1000 students will be invited to participate in Remake Learning Education Friday on October 13, 2017.
- For the first time in its three-year history, admission to Maker Faire Pittsburgh 2017 - as well as the Children’s Museum - is FREE.
- Chevron and The Grable Foundation are the presenting sponsors of Maker Faire Pittsburgh 2017.
- Maker Faire Pittsburgh is produced by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh under a license agreement with Maker Media. Collaborators include Assemble.
For more information on Maker Faire Pittsburgh 2017, visit makerfairepittsburgh.com.