Cranberry-Orange Caramel Corn
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and orange juice concentrate over medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in extract and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour syrup mixture over popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well. Spread evenly in a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. Stir caramel corn as it cools on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
For more great popcorn recipes visit: popcorn.org