Cranberry Almond Popcorn Muffins
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a 12- cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners; set aside.
- Blend popcorn in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Pour ground popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cranberries and stir until blended; set aside.
- Beat milk, egg, oil and almond extract together and pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about half full.
- Divide almonds among muffin tops and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until tops are lightly browned; serve warm with butter.
For more great recipes visit popcorn.org